The Equality Act 2010 says you mustn’t be discriminated against because of your religion or belief, or lack thereof.
The main tenets of religion are protected beliefs, and some non-religious beliefs are also protected. Which of the following do you think are protected?
- Opposition to fox-hunting
- Positions on climate change
- That lying is always wrong
- That gender is binary and unchangeable
- That 9/11 was a false flag operation organised by governments
- Support of, or opposition to, Scottish Independence
- Belief in a ‘higher purpose’ of the BBC
Are there any beliefs you would like to be protected in law? Can protected beliefs contradict one another?